Academic Informations

Payment Policy:
Students who enroll at KYAU assume the responsibility of paying tuition and other fees in accordance with the following financial policies.


Course Drop and Refunds:
Dropping of courses can be done with 100% adjustable refund of tuition fees within the date as mentioned in the academic calendar.


Financial Award and Assistance:

  • 10% tuition fees waiver for students of Sirajgonj.
  • 10% tuition fees waiver for first 5 students of each batch.
  • 20% tuition fees waiver during Admission Fair.
  • Tuition and other fees waiver for wards of freedom fighter and for poor but meritorious students

 

Terms and Conditions of Financial Assistance:
The following conditions will apply for the continuation of the tuition fee waiver for the following Semester;

  • No tuition fee waiver for CGPA below 3.50 for undergraduate & graduate Students;
  • For any retake of a course, tuition fee waiver/ Scholarship will not apply;
  • Full time students must register a minimum of 15 credits for under graduate program and 12 credits for Graduate program;
  • Tuition fee waiver is not allowed for thesis/ project/ Internship.

 

Academic Session
KYAU follows the bi-Semester. The schedule of an academic year will be as follows:


Semester

Duration

Summer

March- August

Fall

September – February

 

Numbers and Duration of Terms
There are two regular terms each of 22 weeks duration in an academic year for all the programs. Classes of each academic year normally start in the 1st week of March. The academic activities are conducted as per academic calendar approved by Academic Council of the University before commencement of the programs.

Sl . No.

Events

Duration (Weeks)

1

Classes

07

2

Midterm Break

01

3

Classes

07

4

Recess before Semester Final Examination

02

5

Term Final Examination

03

6

Semester End Break

02

Total

22

 

Course pattern & Credit distribution:
The program is covered by a set of theoretical courses along with a set of lab/ sessional (practical) courses to support them. The rules for assignment of credit are as follows;

  • Theoretical Course- One contact hour of lecture per week per term is equivalent to one credit;
  • Sessional Courses- Two contact hours of lecture per week per term is equivalent to one credit;
  • Thesis/ Project- Credits are also assigned to project and thesis works taken by the student. The amount of credits assigned to such works varies from one discipline to another.

 

Course System:
The program is covered by a set of theoretical courses along with a set of lab/ sessional (practical) courses to support them. The rules for assignment of credit are as follows;

  • Introduction of letter grades and grade points instead of numerical grades following the guidelines of University Grant Commission (UGC);
  • Continuous evaluation of student performance;
  • Promotion of student-teacher relation.

 

The Evaluation System:
1. Theory Courses:
Thirty per cent (30%) of marks shall be allotted for continuous assessment. class participation/ observation, class attendance, homework, assignment and class tests. The remaining 70% marks will be allotted to midterm & semester final examination, which will be conducted centrally by KYAU. The distribution of marks for a given course is a follows;

Class participation/ Observations

10%

Class Attendance

10%

Homework/ Assignment/ Class Test

10%

Mid-term Examination

30%

Final Examination

40%

Total

100%

2. Lab/ Practical Courses:
Thirty per cent (30%) of marks shall be allotted for continuous assessment i.e. class participation/ observation, class attendance, homework, assignment and lab report. The remaining 70% marks will be allotted to semester Mid-term & Final examination, which which will be conducted centrally by KYAU. The distribution of marks for a given course is as given above.